Purpose statement: The purpose of InterFACE – Knoxville is to be of service to international students and scholars and their needs. The following list of services is what we have done in the past or are continuing to do with the help of many volunteers.
Bob & Ann Sullivan
Serving the community of internationals through the churches. We train people to teach English as a Second Language and set up programs for the international to study English and Bible. Also host many fellowship groups, bible studies and help the international to generally adjust to Tennessee. We also have programs in Johnson City and Greeneville, TN.
Schools with which Bob and Ann work
University of Tennessee – Knoxville
Pellissippi State Technical College
1) Relocation help in moving to Knoxville – We can help you with many of the things you need to do to get settled.
2) Community services referrals – We can help to connect you to different community resources available to help you.
3) American and ethnic church referrals – We can help you find many ethnic and American churches of all kinds.
4) Local friendship activities including dinners, English as a Second Language programs, Bible Studies, Sunday Schools, Outings. (All available upon request).
5) Conversational English opportunities – Knoxville has more than 10 programs set up to help you improve your English speaking ability.
6) Home Bible studies – There are many bible studies available throughout the area and we can help you to become involved in one.
7) Holiday activities – Many times we do special events to help you to better understand and celebrate holidays the American style.
8) “American Friends” friendship program – Visits can be arranged with you and an American family that will help you have a new friendship and cultural exchange.
9) International Womens’ Club – International women who don’t get out too much can come to an interesting tea and friendship program that offers craft class and interesting topics. This also helps practice your English and meet other internationals. This is available in two locations in Knoxville. East & West.
10) Conversational Corners exist as a program at Pellissippi State College. All are welcome. A great place to learn more about America and other countries. Topics vary each week
11) Conversational English Workshops – For those who wish to begin a program in their church or just to teach an international English, we have an eight hour seminar and a 16 hour workshop available to train teachers. The cost is nominal for this training.
NOTE: Most of these services are FREE! Any service that does have a cost will be advertised with the cost clearly stated ahead of time.